Picking Up from a Hotel or Resort
Although we know you’d rather take one more trip down the slopes (or two!), all good things must come to an end. So when it comes time to prep your skis and snowboards for their journey back home, be sure to check out the tips below to ensure a successful pick up and a timely delivery.
- Most hotels and resorts will have a designated shipping and receiving area. Check with the hotel or resort’s Guest Services to confirm where pickups typically occur.
- Be sure to leave your shipment properly packaged and labeled for carrier pickup. Although most resorts and hotels are willing to assist, some may not be equipped to package your shipment for you.
- If you leave your shipment at the front desk, make sure to notify them of your ship date and carrier so they can pull it from storage on the correct date.
- Squeezing in one last ride before heading home? Contact our support team for information on resort pickup times or to make alternate arrangements for pickup. Remember, the pickup window is from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. so your shipment must be made available for the entirety of this window to ensure a successful pickup. We recommend scheduling your pick up the day after your last ski or snowboard plans.
Delivery to a Hotel or Resort
- One of the highlights of our service is the option to ship your skis, snowboards and luggage to wherever you're staying. Upon arrival, all you’ll need to do is check in, slip on those boots and hit the slopes! And because our team is dedicated to simplifying the way you travel, we’ve compiled a list of helpful tips to keep in mind when shipping to a hotel or resort.
- We always recommend reaching out to a location before shipping there to confirm they can accept your shipment. Some resorts and hotels simply do not have the square footage to accept a shipment or store it for an extended period of time.
- Confirm the “ship to” address. There are some hotels or resorts that may want you to ship to a specific address based on their operations or where you may be staying or playing.
- Ask where you can expect to pick up your shipment once you arrive - so when you do, you can start skiing as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Prior to shipping, we highly recommend that you contact your destination to advise them of your shipment, along with your expected arrival date as a courtesy. Note that some hotels & resorts may charge package or handling fees. These fees are not associated with our service and can vary by location. While the majority of destinations do not charge these fees, Ship Skis is not responsible for any third party charges.
Interested in offering Ship Skis to your guests? With airlines raising baggage fees and making it more difficult to travel with your own gear, shipping has become a popular alternative for travelers across the world. When you partner with Ship Skis you'll be able to offer a white-glove service to your members and guests, while implementing a easy process for your staff. Ship Skis partners gain instant access to discounted rates, and receive complimentary shipping supplies like boxes, labels and luggage tags to make the packing process easy. Offering Ship Skis can boost sales and provide customers with another attractive amenity.
Already offer shipping services to your guests? Let us do the hard work! Our dedicated support team will track all of your shipments to ensure a timely delivery. Your account manager will touch base daily to communicate shipment updates, changes in orders, etc. so your team is always informed. You'll have access to real-time facility reports built to provide you with what's going in and out of your facility on a daily basis with easy access to print guest shipping labels. Should an unexpected delay present itself, our team will work with the carrier to resolve the issue, and even take steps to expedite delivery when necessary. We'll handle all communication with your member or guest as it pertains to tracking info, claims and other order details. This is truly a white-glove service for you and your members or guests.
The real question is why would you not partner with Ship Skis? To learn more about our service or to create your free account, please give us a call today so we can explore how our service can best benefit your resort.